New Jewish Theatre
An Award-Winning Program of the J!
TEN St. Louis Theatre Circle Awards Nominations for 2013!
Year after year, the New Jewish Theatre continues its tradition of presenting professional theatre at the highest level of artistic excellence, producing shows that examine universal themes and issues, filtered through the lens of the Jewish experience. Each production provides entertaining and often provocative subject matter featuring theatre professionals from the St. Louis area and elsewhere.
Performance times are Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:30pm; Saturdays at 8:00pm; Sundays at 2:00pm (and 7:30pm in week three). Ticket prices are:
*Individual ticket prices include a $2.50 service charge
2014-15 Season Productions:
MY MOTHER'S LESBIAN JEWISH WICCAN WEDDING by David Hein and Irene Sankoff
May 7 - 31
YOU’RE INVITED! A tuneful, terrific show based on a true story. MMLJWW has a message everyone can take home with them, no matter what religion, sexuality or side of the spirit world you favor. A musical about finding and honoring true, fulfilling love, it is a universal story about parents and children, falling in love, and finding out who you are. It is a play that is unapologetically political, irreverently funny and is definitely life-affirming.
MMLJWW explores in a most tuneful way, today’s hot topic issue of marriage equality. This sweet and funny musical has “heart and soul” and couldn’t be more timely.
Completed 2014-15 Season Productions:
THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK by Frances Goodrich and Alber Hackett, adapted by Wendy Kesselman
October 11 - November 2
BECOMING DR. RUTH by Mark St. Germain
December 4 - 21
IMAGINING MADOFF by Deb Marolin
January 22 - February 8
SIGHT UNSEEN by Donald Margulies
March 12 - 29
Upcoming 2015-2016 Season Productions:
THE SUNSHINE BOYS by Neil Simon
October 8 - November 11, 2015
BAD JEWS by Joshua Harmon
December 3 - 20, 2015
UNDERNEATH THE LINTEL by Glen Berger
January 28 - February 13, 2016
A STRANGE AND SEPARATE PEOPLE by Jon Marans
March 18 - April 3, 2016
YENTL, a play with music adapted by Leah Napolin from the short story by Isaac B. Singer, music by Jill Sobule
May 12 - June 5, 2016
Awards for NJT!
The New Jewish Theatre has received 56 nominations and captured 17 Awards since awards since 2006. This includes the now defunct Kevin Kline Awards (2006-2011) and the St. Louis Theatre Circle Awards (2012-present).
The awards received are:
2006 Kevin Kline Awards
- Best Supporting Actor: Gary Wayne Barker, Driving Miss Daisy
2007 Kevin Kline Awards
- Best Actress: Donna Weinsting, From Door to Door
2008 Kevin Kline Awards
- Best Ensemble: Kindertransport
- Best Ensemble: Women's Minyan
- Best Supporting Actor: John Kinney, What's Wrong with This Picture?
- Best Director: Doug Finlayson, Kindertransport2011 Kevin Kline Awards
- Best Ensemble: The Immigrant
- Best Actor, Bob Thibault, The Immigrant
- Best Supporting Actress: Peggy Billo, The Immigrant
- Best Supporting Actor: Gary Wayne Barker, The Immigrant
- Best Production: Awake and Sing!
- Best Set Design: Awake and Sing!
2012 Theatre Circle Awards
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Meghan Maguire, Talley's Folly
- Best Ensemble: Jacob and Jack
- Best Lighting Design (tie): Michael Sullivan, Way to Heaven
- Best Lighting Design (tie): Nathan Schroeder, Talley's Folly
- Best Sound Design: Robin Weatherall, Way to Heaven
The J's New Jewish Theatre receives support from:
The J's New Jewish Theatre is a member of: