Early Childhood Center
The Early Childhood Center at the J – Educating the Whole Child
The Early Childhood Center at the J provides quality care and education that embraces the development of your child’s mind, body and soul. Our facilities, including our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic centers, allow us to offer opportunities to our participants not found at other early childhood centers in our area. Tthe Early Childhood Center at the J is also the only Licensed and Accredited Jewish early childhood center in the St. Louis region.
Experiences at the J’s Early Childhood Center aim to stimulate the minds of young children through an innovative and individualized curriculum implemented by a well-trained staff in a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment. From music and science education to physical education programing, our programming allows your child to develop and grow at his or her own pace while receiving nurturing of his or her mind, body and soul – something that differentiates us from our programs in St. louis and uses our resources in fitness, recreation, aquatics and culture.
Everyone is welcome at the J. Our Early Childhood Center imparts universal values through a Jewish lens – using Jewish values and experiences to create an environment that appreciates and respects the diversity of our children and their families. Our early childhood families include people of all faiths, races and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Early Childhood Center at the J Provides
- Year-round care for children ages six weeks to five years, Mondays – Fridays, 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Two locations - Marilyn Fox Building in Chesterfield and the Staenberg Family Complex in Creve Coeur
- Flexible scheduling for parents
- A robust learning environment that includes art, science, math, music education, as well as reading/language development and movement every day in every classroom.
- A Facility and staff that are Accredited by Missouri Voluntary Accreditation program and Licensed by the State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service
- Character-development, value-driven programming
Your Child Receives
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs not found in other early childhood environments
- Sports and recreation programs that give children structured Physical Education classes
- Swimming (age appropriate)
- Summer camps - children get to explore the outdoors in the summer months, learning songs and other camp rituals such as flagpole
- Music experiences every day
- Intergenerational programming with adults in our Adult Day Center
Our Jewish Programming Includes:
- A year-round curriculum that teaches children Jewish stories, songs and celebrations.
- The wonderful smells of Jewish holiday cooking, songs of Shabbat, and the symbols and images of Jewish life
- A emphasis on weaving Jewish values of friendship, respect and tzedakah/charity into daily life
- The opportunity for parents to participate in programs with their children, (celebrations are often held at lunchtime and early evenings)
- Weekly Shabbat Celebrations
- Jewish Holiday Celebrations
- Family Judaic Programs
Our Staff Offer:
- A combination of caring, experience, dedication and expertise unmatched in St. Louis
- Enthusiastic teachers who love to teach- many of whom have been with us for over 10 years and are degreed and/or have their CDA (Child Development Associates) National Certification and receive continuing training and education
- An on-going strong commitment to excellence in child care and early childhood education and to ensuring the health, safety and protection of each child
How to reach us...
Creve Coeur Program (Staenberg Family Complex)
- Jody Rubin, 314-442-3107
Ellen Scholten, 314-442-3220
Simmy Wolfe, 314-442-3225
Melissa Burgess, 314-442-3224
Chesterfield Program (Marilyn Fox Building)
Amy Flesher, 314-442-3456
Site Director, Marilyn Fox Building
Kathy Gronski, 314-442-3450
Linda Rosenblatt, 314-442-3436
For more information on the J's Early Childhood Program or to set up a tour of either Early Childhood Center contact:
Melissa Burgess (Creve Coeur), 314-442-3225
Kathy Gronski (Chesterfield), 314-442-3450