Early Childhood Center
Nurturing the Mind, Body and Soul
Embracing Your Child's Development
The J's Early Childhood Center mission, in partnership with our families, is to provide quality care and education that embraces the development of children's mind, body, and soul. We stimulate the minds of young children through an innovative and individualized curriculum implemented by a well-trained staff in a safe, nurturing, and developmentally appropriate environment. Music education and science are just a small part of the daily experiences your child will receive. Your child's body will develop and grow at its own pace but it's the nurturing and attention to adopt a healthy lifestyle, personal hygiene and play habits that differentiates the J's program from the others in St. Louis. Physical education programming utilizes the best of the J's resources in fitness, recreation, and aquatics. The soul is nurtured through living Jewish values and experiences in an environment that appreciates and respects the diversity of the children and their families participating in our program.
- Year-round care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Two locations - Marilyn Fox Building in Chesterfield and the Staenberg Family Complex in Creve Coeur
- Mondays – Fridays, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Full-time, part-time and combination schedules available
- Learning environment characterized with art, science, math, language/reading development, music and movement every day in every classroom.
- Accredited by Missouri Voluntary Accreditation program and licensed by the State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Character-development, value-driven programming
You Belong Here...
Our children benefit developmentally by being part of the Jewish Community Center which gives them access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs not found in other early childhood environments. Our children take advantage of:
- Sports and recreation programs that give children structured Physical Education classes
- Swimming (age appropriate)
- Summer camps -- children get to explore the outdoors in the summer months, learning songs and other camp rituals such as flagpole
- Music -- every day, children sing together learning songs
- Intergenerational programming with adults in our Adult Day Center
The Early Childhood Center presents a year-round curriculum that teaches children Jewish stories, songs and celebrations. The wonderful smells of Jewish holiday cooking, songs of Shabbat, and the symbols and images of Jewish life fill the air. A strong emphasis is put on weaving Jewish values of friendship, respect and tzedakah/charity into the daily life of each classroom. To allow parents the opportunity to participate in programs with their children, celebrations are often held at lunchtime and early evenings. Our Judaic Learning Environment include:
- Weekly Shabbat Celebrations
- Jewish Holiday Celebrations
- Family Judaic Programs
- Programs on Jewish Values
No other early childroom center in St. Louis can match our combination of caring, experience, dedication and expertise. We start with enthusiastic teachers - many of whom have been with us for over 10 years and are degreed and/or have their CDA (Child Development Associates) National Certification - who love children and love to teach; then we provide them with extensive training and continuing education. This reflects an on-going strong commitment to excellence in child care and early childhood education and to ensuring the health, safety and protection of each child.
How to reach us...
Creve Coeur Program (Staenberg Family Complex)
Jody Rubin, 314-442-3107
Michelle Almengor, 314-442-3220
Nancy Hopkins, 314-442-3224
Bebe Morgan, 314-442-3225
Chesterfield Program (Marilyn Fox Building)
Amy Tenney, 314-442-3456
Site Director, Marilyn Fox Building
Chad Noble, 314-442-3450
Linda Rosenblatt, 314-442-3436