Group Exercise Classes
There are lots of benefits to group exercise -- some say its the friendships and camaraderie. Others say it's the mental and physical side to working out in a group. The J believes in both and that's why group exercise is a main stay fitness and wellness offering. Whether on land or in the water you'll get an amazing workout.
Ever think about using the water for your workout? Tim Ezell of Fox 2 News dove in for some Aqua Power.
Water Fitness Classes
If you're looking for alternative ways to get a great workout, try a water exercise class. There are several different types of water fitness classes from beginners to regulars and various intensity levels. Here are descriptions of each of the classes:
- Aqua Cardio Conditioning: Moderate-impact, water-specific exercises designed to progressively build strength, flexibility, and endurance in a refreshing and joint-supportive environment.
- Aqua Fit: Moderate-impact, water-specific exercises designed to progressively build strength, flexibility, and endurance in a refreshing and joint-supportive environment.
- Aqua Flow: With the aid of the water’s buoyancy and resistance can help improve joint flexibility. Good choice for those participants with arthritis, rehabbing, or new to aqua fitness.
- Aqua Power: This is a high intensity, multidiscipline workout in the lap pool. Participants must be comfortable in all depths of the pool. Finning, treading, kickboxing, traditional water moves and more.
- Aqua Power Deep: High intensity, no impact water resistance training that improves muscle tone, aerobic capacity, flexibility, strength, and endurance with the use of resistance equipment and floatation belts; class will be held in the deep water.
- Aqua Tai Chi: Moving meditation in the pool. Improve body awareness and range of motion.
- Aqua Zumba: A dance pool party for all ages and levels. It brings the moves and music of Zumba into the water. Full body workout that pushes the resistance of the water to the max.
- Arthritis Class: Program participants are led by trained personnel through a series of specially designed exercises which, with the aid of the water’s buoyancy and resistance, can help improve joint flexibility.
- Strength & Flexibility: Improve balance, flexibility, strengthen muscles, increase mobility and improve overall well-being.
For more information, please contact:
Land Fitness Classes
Group Exercise Classes are extremely popular at both J locations and a fantastic way to burn calories, work up a sweat and have a great time doing it. We have a variety of classes to choose from beyond what you see here.
Red classes are brand new!
- Ballroom, Latin & Swing Dancing: Dancing taught for anyone of any age! Wear comfortable dancing shoes. A partner is not required.
- Booty Barre®: This energetic, fun workout fuses fitness techniques from Dance, Pilates, and Yoga to tone, define and chisel the whole body. It combines strength and flexibility with added cardio to burn fat fast.
- Cardio Ballet Barre: Want to feel like a dancer? Try this high energy, low impact workout incorporating the principles of ballet barre, cardiovascular, balance, stretching and poise.
- Cardio/CORE: This upbeat, energetic class focuses on 30 minutes of cardiovascular strengthening utilizing a variety of high and low impact movements followed by 30 minutes of core conditioning.
- Cardio Pump: A low-intensity aerobic class combining strength and endurance, joint stability and mobility, balance and flexibility.
- Cardio Fusion: A mixture of moves to get the heart rate up and burn calories while having fun.
- Circuits 101: A circuit training class lead by a personal trainer using machines on the fitness floor.
- Circuit Training: This well-rounded workout utilizes fitness equipment in circuits.
- CORE 30 & 45: These classes will strengthen and stabilize the abdominals and lower back through intense exercises targeting the CORE! Available for those needing a quick workout.
- Core Fusion: Core Fusion the focus is on functional strength and flexibility. It works from the inside out, integrating your core with every move. The deep-toning approach goes far beyond the surface muscles, working hard-to-reach areas that traditional exercises can't reach. Infused with yoga-inspired postures and core-conditioning exercises, this invigorating workout produces real results and will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed.
- Cycle: You will experience an aerobic exercise on a stationary bike while an instructor motivates you through visualization with motivational music.
- Drills: Intervals of cardio and weight training to improve strength, heart health and maximize caloric output.
- Early Express Circuit: Squeeze in a great total body workout in the early a.m.! You can jump into this circuit at any time during the class for strength training and cardio intervals.
- Everlasting Strength: A low-intensity strength and endurance class, also building stability, mobility, balance and flexibility.
- Express Sculpt: This 45 minute sculpt class will give you the energy to get through the rest of the day as well as increase your strength and endurance.
- Extreme Conditioning: An intense workout utilizing weights to target all major muscle groups, incorporating cardiovascular exercises and plyometrics to challenge every fitness level.
- Forever Fit: A low-intensity aerobic class giving you a great cardiovascular workout. This class also combines strength and endurance, joint stability and mobility, balance and flexibility.
- Gentle Pilates: This Pilates class is gentle enough to attend everyday and ideal for students looking to begin their practice.
- Gentle Yoga: A Yoga class gentle enough to attend everyday and ideal for students looking to begin their practice.
- H.I.I.T.: High Intensity Interval Training utilizes a series of short, high-intensity intervals, followed up by longer, low-intensity intervals.
- Insanity: An intense workout that combines cardio and building muscle
- Interval & Sculpt: A moderate intensity cardiovascular and strength class that will give you a great total body workout.
- Kettlebell: Class will offer cardiovascular, resistance and weight control benefits.
- Kettlebell Cross Train: A class that not only teaches you how to properly utilize kettlebell techniques using natural momentum, proper posture and alignment, but also includes some familiar resistance training techniques and equipment as well.
- Nia: Is a well-being fitness and lifestyle practice inspired by Martial, Dance and Healing Arts.
- Physique Fusion: Strengthen and tone while lengthening the muscles with intervals of stretching. Light weights, floor work and the ballet barre are all used to push your muscles to exhaustion.
- Pilates: A progressive series of exercises, based on the methods of Joseph Pilates, designed to increase the strength of your body’s core (abdominals, back, gluteus and hips) while lengthening the muscles. All classes are “multi–level” unless otherwise noted.
- Power Yoga: This vigorous, fitness based approach to Vinyasa-style flow yoga, enhances strength, flexibility and stamina. This is an intermediate level or higher class or for a physically fit beginner seeking new challenges.
- Punch & Crunch: A higher intensity, circuit emphasized class that will challenge you with boxing, core work, and high velocity endurance.
- Pure Definition: A total body workout utilizing equipment, including dumbbells, body bars and stability balls. Format is appropriate for all fitness levels and leads to improved strength and muscular tone for a lean and sculpted body.
- R.I.P.P.E.D.: This class combines resistance, intervals, power, plyometrics and endurance
- Sculpting: Group training that utilizes dumbbells, body bars and other strength training equipment. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results.
- Stretch and Roll: Utilizes a foam roller to combine movements from Yoga to improve flexibility and balance; movements from Pilates to increase core strength, and movements from myofacial release therapy targeting trigger points to soothe and release tight muscles.
- Step: This choreographed step class includes dance moves! Challenge your fitness level while improving cardiovascular endurance, balance and coordination.
- Stepping Up: This class combines choreographed step to make you sweat! Increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance and leave for the day feeling energized.
- Strength PiYo™: PiYo™ is all about strength training and core conditioning for people who want to sweat their way to sculpted abdominals, increased core strength and greater stability!
- Tabata: An intense interval training class that follows a specific timed format.
- Tabata Cycle: Part of H.I.I.T. training – each interval lasts four strenuous minutes, over eight burst challenges, in which you to work at your peak performance. Recommended for experienced riders; beginners are welcome, however must train at a lower intensity level. Class consists of 40 minutes of riding followed by 10 minutes of abs.
- Total Conditioning: This class combines anaerobic activity with plyometric and calisthenics drills to offer a challenging option to your cardio routine.
- Triple S: We combine the best of step, sculpt and stretch to increase your cardiovascular/muscular endurance and flexibility.
- Turbo Kick: An energizing, cardio kickboxing interval class which includes intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.
- Turbo Tabata: A high intensity, interval training workout consisting of 20 seconds of cardio followed by a 10 second rest period, done eight times. Increase your endurance and athletic performance, while decreasing your body fat and increasing your metabolism. Class is suitable for all fitness levels and guaranteed to make you sweat!
- Women’s Only Cardio Strength: A class with all fun different ways to get in your cardio workout, finished with stretching and abdominal work.
- Yoga: Build strength, flexibility and balance through a unique combination of breathing techniques and postures. All classes are “multi–level” unless otherwise noted; instructors will determine level of class.
- Zumba: A fusion of Latin and International music. The routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. It is a mixture of body sculpting movements with easy to follow dance steps.